Track & Field
Name: Adam Kiel
Current Residence: Arlington, Texas
College: The University of Texas at Arlington (Exercise Science)
- 2017 IWAS track & field team – 4 silver medals and 1 bronze in Ireland
- 2018 1st place – Adaptive State Championship (200m)
- 2018 Field Athlete of the Year
- 3-time High School Paralympic All-American
- 2019 Competed in Junior World Championship for team USA in Nottwil, Switzerland
Adam Kiel is an 18 year old freshman at the University of Texas at Arlington. He was born with fibular hemimelia resulting in his left foot having to be amputated at 11 months.
He has competed in competitive sports all his life including golf, baseball, lacrosse, cross country, snowboarding, and track and field.
After impressive showings in high school and recently competing in Switzerland at the Junior World Championships, Adam is on the fast track to the 2020 Paralympics. Now joining the UT Arlington adaptive sports program will only accelerate Adam’s drive towards gold.
What is Wheelchair Basketball?
Visit the Team USA Paralympic Track & Field webpage to learn more.