2016 U.S. Paralympian, Track
Name: Deja Young
Hometown: Wichita, Kansas
Current Residence: Mequite, Texas
High School: Horn High School (Mesquite, Texas)
College: Wichita State University
- One-time Paralympian (2016); Two-time medalist (2 gold)
- Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, gold (100m, 200m)
World Championship Experience
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (100m), silver (200m)
- Years of Participation: 2015
- Medals: 2 (1 gold, 1 silver)
- Gold – 2015 (100m)
- Silver – 2015 (200m)
Other Career Highlights
- 2015 U.S. Paralympics Track and Field National Championships , 1st (100m, 200m)
- 2015 NCAA D1 Outdoor Track and Field Championships, 2nd Team All-American 4×100 (WSU)
- 2015 Missouri Valley All-Conference (WSU)
Deja is the oldest daughter of Don and Delora Young and older sister to Dyani. She graduated from a high school in Mesquite, Texas where she lettered all four years in track and field.
She currently runs track for Wichita State University on an able-bodied scholarship!
Deja was born with brachial plexus or shoulder dystocia causing nerve damage and limited mobility to her right shoulder.