2016 U.S. Paralympian, Equestrian Dressage
Name: Roxie Trunnell
Hometown: Kennewick, WA
Current Residence: Wiley, TX
High School: homeschooled
College: Washington State University (bachelors- Psychology); Capella University (masters- psychology)
- Paralympian (2016) – Riding “Royal Dancer” (owned by Kai Handt)
World Championship Experience
- 2014 FEI World Equestrian Games- USA Team Member on own Nice Touch
- 2016 FEI Paralympic Games- USA Individual rider on Royal Dancer (owned by Kai Handt)
- 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games- USA Team Member on Dolton (owned by Kate & Deena Shoemaker)
Other Career Highlights
- Highest scoring USA Para Equestrian Dressage rider at the 2014 WEG & the 2016 Paralympics
Roxanne is the youngest daughter of Sid & Josette Trunnell. Roxanne rode able-bodied dressage up to Prix St. George until the H1N1 virus put her in a coma where there was a stroke in her brain.
Roxanne trained at North Texas Equestrian Center with Kai Handt from 2013 to 2018. Roxanne started training with Andrea Woodard in Wellington, FL since February 2018.
Follow Roxie on FaceBook to keep up with her progress.
What is Para Equestrian Dressage?
Here is the Team USA webpage about Equestrian Dressage including the classification system.